Users can be authenticated in Thinfinity® Workspace by using their Google Accounts.
This kind of authentication requires the system administrator to configure a few settings on Thinfinity® Workspace and on Google Apps servers.
If you want to learn how to configure the Google Accounts Integration feature, follow the steps below:
1. A Google account is needed in order to set up the integration in the Google Web Site. This Account is used as a security assurance for the other users who will share their personal account data.
2. The users who will authenticate using this method must also have a previous Google account.
Setting up the integration
3. Enter the e-mails that will be authenticated against Thinfinity® Workspace. This setup will be available under the Mapping tab in the Thinfinity® Configuration Manager.
4. Associate the Active Directory Users/Groups with the authorized e-mails also on the Thinfinity® Configuration Manager, in the Mapping tab also.
How to use it
1. Open a web browser and log into Google with one of the authorized accounts (step 4 above).
2. Open a new tab in the same browser instance and access Thinfinity® Workspace application from this tab, using the configured URI (e.g.: https://Thinfinity/google) .
3. The application will automatically recognize you, but before connecting to Thinfinity® Workspace, it will ask permission to access your account information.
4. Press the Allow Access button, and you will be automatically authenticated against Thinfinity® Workspace and redirected to the Start Page.