How To Install a Secondary Broker
The secondary broker is triggered by a registry key. You will have to install the broker services first and then edit a registry key to change it’s behavior. Below you will find a step by step on how to configure this:
- Execute Thinfinity® Workspace’s Installer. Accept the License Agreement, then click on Next:
- Select the “Broker and HTML5 Services” option and click on Next:
- Select the Installation destination folder and click on Next:
- Now, click on “Install” to install the Thinfinity® Workspace components:
- Open the registry (run: regedit) and search the following directory: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cybele Software\Thinfinity\Workspace
- Double click on BrokerRole and replace the value primary for secondary:
- Open the Thinfinity® Configuration Manager (Start > Thinfinity > Thinfinity Configuration Manager), and configure the required parameters, Pool, NetworkID, and Gateway URL:
Pool: Use this parameter to specify the pool the secondary broker will use
Network ID: Use this parameter to specify the Network environment that the secondary broker will use
Gateway List: Input the URL of the Thinfinity® Gateway. Click on “Add” and complete the URL information. Always specify the security protocol (HTTP/ HTTPS) and the connection port.
Finally, click on Apply to save the changes.