Managing the SSL Certificate
An SSL certificate is an effective way to secure a website against unauthorized interception of data. At its simplest, an SSL Certificate is used to identify the website and encrypt all data flowing to and from the Certificate holder's Web site. This makes all exchanges between the site and its visitors 100 percent private.
A valid SSL certificate is included with the Thinfinity® Workspace installation and all communications are already encrypted with the product's default certificate. You may want to create your own certificate to identify your company better.
Managing the SSL Certificate:
- There are two ways of creating your own SSL certificate:
- Once you already have your certificate files, go to the Thinfinity® Workspace Configuration Manager's General tab.
- Click on the Edit button when using HTTPS.
- On this screen, inside the Certificate menu, you can select the certificates that are located in your Personal folders in Window's certificate folder.
- If you need to add your own certificate, you can do so by clicking on the New button and then Import Certificate. Windows Import certificate menu will be displayed. Follow the instructions for adding it to the running system: